Jonathan is an experienced debater, coach, and adjudicator in the Singapore Debate Circuit. He currently coaches Raffles Institution (Year 5 to 6), and formerly represented Singapore at the World Schools Debating Championships and emerged champion in 2017. He will be pursuing a degree in Human, Social, and Political Sciences (HSPS) at the University of Cambridge, starting October 2020.
- Debate Coach, Raffles Institution (Year 5 – 6), Grand Champions, MOE-ACJC Intercollegiate Debate Championship 2019
- Vice-captain, WSDC Team Singapore, 2017
- Grand Champions, World Schools Debating Championship 2017 and Octo-finalist World Schools Debating Championship 2016
- Best Delegate, Yale NUS MUN 2016 and Yale NUS Model ASEAN 2016
- Awarded best Individual Speaker at multiple debating competitions, including International Humanitarian Law Debate Series and NTU Pro-Ams.